A collaborative divorce might be right for you and your spouse if:
- You wish to have legal representation during the entire process
- You want to be in control of critical decisions regarding your lives and the lives of your family members.
- You want to operate on your own timetable, and not the court’s.
- You want to come to a settlement agreement using open communication and a spirit of cooperation toward solving problems.
- After the divorce is final, you want two households that are functional and can successfully co-parent your children.
- You don’t want to be entering into agreements under the threat of going to trial.
- You want to maintain privacy and confidentiality with the details of your divorce.